The Quad Cities are made up of the four cities directly connected by the Mississippi River between Illinois and Iowa—Davenport, Bettendorf, Moline, and Rock Island.
Each of the four cities are a unique mix of urban cultures, combining the influx of diversity that comes from urban settings with the pace of the Midwest.
How We Support the Quad Cities’ Local Leaders
Since 2004, YouthWorks has been invited back to the Quad Cities by local community leaders, church partners, and ministries that support the community through relational service opportunities.
RELATIONAL SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
These local leaders have identified that YouthWorks groups can provide additional support for their volunteers working year-round to address a lack of affordable housing and summer activities for children in families that struggle to afford safe child care environments.
The Quad Cities has a growing refugee and immigrant population. Our local partnerships work tirelessly to help care for the needs of this vulnerable population and ensure that they feel welcomed into the community. By supporting these local leaders, you’ll empower their teams to take better care of the most under-resourced families in their community.
Join Us in the Quad Cities
Come join us this summer as we support all that God is doing through our local partners in the Quad Cities.
And before you arrive in the Quad Cities, be praying for the following things:
- Pray for our community partners, especially those dedicated to the care of refugee and immigrant families.
- Pray for the strong network of local pastors who are embodying the light and life of the Gospel in their communities.
- Pray for the local families who are in the midst of financial struggles.
- Pray for the ongoing care of local families in need, that they may see the presence of God in the support that they receive.
- Pray for the logistics of this summer, and that teams coming to serve in Rutland will embody respectful service that celebrates what God is doing through the ministries of our local partners.