Lynn is a beautiful anomaly—completely unlike its North Shore counterparts socioeconomically and ethnically.
The community is rich in diversity, with over 70 languages and nationalities represented in the small community. There is incredible value in the multiculturalism Lynn represents, with the melding of New England wealth and first or second generation immigrants presenting truly unique cultural dynamics throughout the area.
How We Support Lynn’s Local Leaders
Since 2002, YouthWorks has been invited to support local community leaders, church partners, and ministries through relational ministry opportunities and Kids Club.
RELATIONAL MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES
These local leaders have identified that YouthWorks summer teams can help strengthen their efforts to provide year-round support for the most under-resourced members of their community.
Relational ministry in Lynn takes on many different forms, including opportunities to care for the elderly members of their community. By serving our community partners in Lynn, you’ll be providing volunteer support for these local leaders who are working year-round to care for the needs of their most vulnerable neighbors.
Another way that Lynn’s local leaders have identified an opportunity for YouthWorks to support their community is through Kids Club programming.
The children of Lynn sit on the threshold of opportunity and disadvantage. Many families struggle with safe child care during the summer months, and our local partners have included Kids Club programming as a part of their year-round efforts to care for the families in their communities.
Join Us in Lynn/Boston
Come join us this summer as we support all that God is doing through our local partners in the Lynn/Boston area.
And before you arrive, be praying for the following things:
- Pray for our community partners at the REAL Program, providing academic enrichment for children year-round.
- Pray for our community partners at Unite Boston who make up a network of local church partners that address the needs of the most vulnerable members of their communities.
- Pray for the immigrant populations that have made their way to the area, and for those local leaders who are working to support them and welcome them into the community.
- Pray for the ongoing care of local families in need, that they may see the presence of God in the support that they receive.
- Pray for the logistics of this summer, and that teams coming to serve in Lynn will embody respectful service that celebrates what God is doing through the ministries of our local partners.