- Facilitate respectful mission trip experiences for teenagers and their Adult Leaders.
- Coordinate and provide leadership for daily service activities.
- Develop meaningful relationships as you act as a liaison between YouthWorks and the community.
- Promote an environment where youth connect their service to Jesus.
- Interact with students throughout the week.
- Lead daily large group programming with your team.
- Ensure that practical needs of your site are met by preparing meals, caring for housing facilities and other behind-the-scenes tasks.
In addition to the overall tasks, Community Service Coordinators will:
- Manage partnerships with social service organizations.
- Confirm and implement weekly service schedules provided by YouthWorks.
- Coordinate logistics, including assigning volunteers to service sites and executing back-up plans when needed.
- Travel to service sites to serve alongside youth, Adult Leaders and community contacts.
- Help teenagers see the impact of their service as they are taken out of their comfort zones and see Jesus in new ways.
In addition to the overall tasks, Work Projects Coordinators will:
- Build meaningful relationships in a community while meeting tangible needs.
- Help youth engage in the community by leading work crews in painting, yard work and minor projects.
- YouthWorks will provide extensive training in partnering with community members, setting up and completing projects and managing crews throughout the day.
- Invite participants to come alongside the community to make a lasting impact.
We have a small number of sites where we do more advanced projects such as flooring and drywall. Please note on your application if you have experience in more elaborate home repair projects.
- Utility Support Coordinators are equipped to take on multiple positions and to offer support and encouragement to staff teams.
- While serving in a variety of areas, they will coordinate daily service activities and see students impacted as they experience Christ through service.
- Staff must be flexible and willing to adapt to changing roles and locations.
- Utility Support Coordinators may begin the summer temporarily assigned to a specific community, however, at any point during the spring or summer, Utility Support Coordinators may be permanently placed with a team to fill an open position.
Common Community Types
Community Service Coordinators and Utility Support Coordinators may be placed at any YouthWorks site type: small towns, Native American, small urban, and large urban communities.
Work Projects is primarily offered in small towns and Native American Reservations. There are limited opportunities in small and large urban communities.