Purpose, Vision & Values
We exist to connect teenagers to God, each other and communities through life-changing Christ-centered mission trips.
Providing life-changing Christ-centered mission trips is our way of serving God’s multidenominational Church. We want to help empower every teenager to know God and be like Jesus in the ways they love and serve others, and our desire is the same for churches, families, staff and communities. We aim to create experiences that broaden perspectives, ignite passions, expose possibilities and inspire pursuits.
As we live out our purpose and vision, we strive for these six priorities to shape the way we work and those we work alongside. These core values hinge on our aspiration to love teenagers, work alongside communities and serve God’s Church:
- Youth: The energy and passion, vision and potential of teenagers is not just the future of the Church – it is a vibrant part of the Church today. In the process of inviting students to love and be loved by Christ, we will unapologetically laugh, play, serve and engage alongside them. Recognizing the incredible value of teenagers, we see these years as both formative for the future and vital for God’s work today.
- Communities: Our passions are wrapped up in the places we serve. Communities are our partners, our friends and our contexts for ministry. We value the privilege of entering, working alongside and learning from these places filled with heritage and history, strengths and struggles. We are continually pursuing ways to better listen to, respond to and love communities.
- Respectful Service: It is our honor to serve people that God calls “sons” and “daughters.” Recognizing that effective service does not always seem efficient, we strive to listen closely, speak carefully, serve humbly and participate gratefully in what God is already doing in individuals, churches and communities. In our efforts to meet the unique needs of each person and place, we desire to follow Jesus’ example of servant-leadership.
- Relationships: We prioritize people. It’s why we pursue intentional interactions, restored relationships and ongoing friendships – because meaningful service stems from seeking each other out. Just as Jesus’ ministry underscores the importance of presence, we desire that programs, projects and plans would never trump people. Rather, we will continue to create experiences that encourage authentic connections with others and with Christ.
- Diversity: We desire to continually deepen our understanding and appreciation for the incredible creativity of Christ’s Church. As we value different styles of worship, stories of faith, stages of life, sets of resources, tones of skin and expressions of culture, we invite others to do the same. Through leaving comfort zones to listen and learn from each other, we can more deeply include, interact with and express the diverse beauty of God’s Kingdom.
- Development: We have seen God’s life-changing work in people’s stories and recognize our invitation to participate. That is why we seek to grow alongside others in deepening understanding, determining direction, restoring relationships and strengthening faith. As we encounter all kinds of people, we will continue to work together, challenge comfort zones, see potential, be inspired and eagerly ask, “What’s next?!”