YouthWorks is privileged to partner with and serve alongside Rice & Beans Ministries, a local mission organization that serves its community through construction projects, kids ministries and providing food to families in need. Serving internationally will give your group an immersive cross-cultural experience. You’ll work alongside local leaders to meet the physical and spiritual needs of families. You’ll engage in locally led worship—in both English and Spanish—and learn from leaders about what ministry looks like in their own context. You’ll also have the chance to eat authentic food, attend a church service and participate in optional guided tours.
June 29, 2019 - July 25, 2020
About Costa Rica
Serving in Costa Rica
- Pack and deliver food bags to families, offering both physical and spiritual food through listening and prayer.
- Serve through home repair or construction-based projects, such as working on churches, homes or classrooms.
- Plan and lead children’s programming, including Bible lessons, games, crafts and reading activities.
- Depending on the needs of the week, students may remain at the same service sites or swap between sites.
- Optional Friday tours: Groups may choose from a list of tours and register independently. Groups will incur additional transportation costs for Friday tour buses.
- Groups are responsible for their own flights to and from San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)
- Transportation during the week will be provided and included in the cost of the trip. Groups do not need to plan their own transportation while in Costa Rica. Transportation includes airport pick-up and drop-off during arrival and departure, as well as additional times during the week.
- Because Friday is an optional tour day, transportation can be arranged upon request to get to and from tours. (Note: extra cost) If groups would like to depart on Friday instead of doing a tour day, transportation to the airport will be provided.
- Food Distribution Bags: Groups will work directly with Rice & Beans to package food bags each afternoon and hand out to families in need. The per-person price includes one food bag per person. Groups may raise additional funds before their trip to purchase more food to distribute when in Costa Rica, which will increase the ministry reach to families in need. The cost to fill each bag with food is $12. Money is collected by trip leaders and food is purchased by YouthWorks and Rice & Beans in Costa Rica.
- Check out this video for a glimpse into this ministry.
Cost per Participant Includes
Pre- and Post-Trip Tools
Lodging (Saturday to Saturday)
Meals (Saturday upon arrival to Friday morning)
Attentive YouthWorks Staff
Service Project Materials (including one ministry food bag per person)
Fun Activities on Sunday